Redding Christian School meets A through G requirements as part of our accreditation with WASC and ACSI. The following sequence of high school courses is required by the Academic Senate of California as appropriate for fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements for admission to the University of California system. It also illustrates the minimum level of academic preparation students ought to achieve in high school to undertake university level work.
The A-G Requirements can be summarized as follows:
- History/Social Science – Two years, including one year of world history, cultures, and historical geography and one year of US history and one half year of civics and American government.
- English – Four years of college preparatory English that includes frequent and regular writing, and reading of classic and modern literature.
- Mathematics – Three years of college preparatory mathematics that include the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two and three-dimensional geometry.
- Laboratory Science – Two years of laboratory science providing fundamental knowledge in at least two of these three disciplines: biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Language other than English – Two years of the same language other than English.
- Visual & Performing Arts – One year, drama/theater, music, or visual art.
- College Preparatory Elective – One year (two semesters), chosen from additional A-F courses beyond those used to satisfy the requirements above, or courses that have been approved solely for use as ‘G’ electives.
Redding Christian Graduation Requirements are as follows:
- Bible – Four years
- English – Four years
- Foreign Language – Two years
- Math – Three years
- Physical Education – Two years
- Science – Two years
- Social Science – Four years
- Visual & Performing Arts – One year
- Electives – 40 credits or four classes (These may be fulfilled through taking additional classes from other requirements, i.e. three years of Science would satisfy one of the elective classes.)