Redding Christian School is an independent, nondenominational Christian day school serving all of Shasta County. Our families, qualified staff and faculty, and governing board represent Bible believing churches throughout the Redding area. Our school is a member of and fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Redding Christian School offers the highest quality education for the total child – spiritual, intellectual, social and physical. Our goal is to provide a positive, nurturing atmosphere where each student will discover his or her area of giftedness.
Redding Christian School Campus: Video courtesy of Josh Barker Realty
The mission of Redding Christian School is to provide a Christ-centered education which challenges students to develop a life-long love of learning, to grow in their faith, and to respond to God’s call of service to their families, their communities, and the world.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the only inspired Word of God. (I Thessalonians 2:13; II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — The doctrine of the Holy Trinity. (John 8:58; John 10:30; Acts 5:3, 4)
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s only son, came as God in the flesh to provide forgiveness of sin through His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father. (I John 5:20; Col. 1:13-14; I Peter 1:18-21; Acts 7:56)
- We believe each believer’s salvation is accomplished by faith in Christ’s redemptive work on the cross, and that even faith is God-given. (Ephesians 2:2-9; Romans 3:22-25)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:26)
- We believe that believers have eternal life with Christ, and unbelievers are lost and doomed to everlasting punishment. (John 3:16, II Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelations 20:15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:2-6)
Additionally we believe:
God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27) Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
The term “marriage" has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity is to be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman.
Any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
In order to preserve the function and integrity of Redding Christian School as the local body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to our families, our students and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Redding Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this and the above Statements of Marriage, Gender and Sexuality. (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22.)
God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.)
Every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Redding Christian School.
All human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Psalm 139.)
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind; it is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Redding Christian School's faith, doctrine, practices, policies, and discipline, our Board of Directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible's meaning and application.